Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My very first blog post

My three little birds are my wonderful husband, Nate; my 3 year old Shih Tzu, Mogli; and our brand new addition: a 4 month old Shih Tzu/Maltese, Lucy.  They all make my life better.

I'm aware that I'm talking to no one and everyone at the same time, so I guess this is at the same time pointless and narcissistic.  Hopefully some of my snazzy friends will want to read my blog.  I guess we'll see.

I've been wanting to get a blog for a while - but mostly for my art (which you can find at www.nefnystudios.com).  But a few recent events have encouraged me to have a personal blog as well.

As a little background, I'm recently 30, recently married, and recently orphaned.  I know that "orphaned" may not be the appropriate description when you are 30, but that's how it feels when you've lost your parents - no matter how old you are.  But that's for another blog post (probably coming soon).

I am from Montgomery, AL.  I went to Auburn University and graduated with a degree in Computer Science.  I made the big move to Birmingham, AL in 2003 for a wonderful job at BellSouth.  I'm now working for a great company that is into a little bit of everything as an Information Security Analyst.  While I love information security and computers and programming and whatnot, it's my artsy side that keeps me happy - it just doesn't necessarily pay the bills.  :)

So, this is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment